Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's just money!?

We went out to lunch to Maggiano's little Italy. Moises and Lori-Lynn Navarro were also in Vegas for a couple days, so we met up with them. Moi, the name of the band and his nickname, is an awesome musician and worship leader. They are doing the Hume Lake gig right now, but they are about to start their northern california tour. We ate family style which let us pick two different kinds of salad, pasta, entree, and dessert. I actually am not a big fan of the Italian food. If you know me at all, then you probably know there are two things that I absolutely hate: red sauce italian food and alcohol. What combines both of those nasty things? Tiramasu. I'm not even sure if that is how you spell it, but it is so discusting that it doesn't even deserve the spell check. Now red sauce I can force down, but that cough medicine that people pay to drink just makes me hack. Jacinda and I enjoyed being in the presence of soon to be rockstars! Seriously, these guys are about to blow-up on the music/worship scene. Be looking for them. Oh, but the Creme Brulee was amazing. I could've just eaten that all day. Then, for dinner we thought we'd clean up and go to DelMonico. It is one of Emerill's restaurants and BAM! it was awesome. The reason that Carlos and I are smiling is because we hadn't yet seen the bill. Let's just say that I could've gone to city college for a semester for the price of that bill. The food was incredible. Jacinda had the Filet Mignon, and the rest of us had the bone-in rib eye. Medium rare. Perfect. Asparagus, garlic "smashed" potatoes, french onion soup. Lose $40 on craps at the venetian, win $38 at craps at the low-rent hotel next door, $320 on dinner, Relaxing in bed with my wife with nothing to do...priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If when you die you get a choice between pie heaven and regular heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick but if not mmmboy

- Jack Handey

Hale-Yeah! said...

Yeah, I'd rather be rich than stupid.