Friday, January 06, 2006

Prayer Week

Last night was day 4 of our "week of prayer" at our church. Every night a different department has lead the worship and prayer time. Last night Jacinda, Nick, and I represented the college department. It was awesome! Since the group is college students, it is a revolving door. You never know when a drummer is going to start going or when your bass player is leaving. Right now, it is just us three. 2 acoustics and 2 vocals. I don't know about you, but that isn't a band to me, it is a coffee house gig. But, despite my inadequecies and lack of faith, God continues to move. My dream is to have a band that can rock the roof off while leading the group in seamless worship. You see, when you have all the different instruments, your kind of like a gang: you look out for each other. The guitar starts one song, the keys transition to the next one. Your fingers get a break and it creates a flow during the worship time. Last night I broke a string in the middle of a song that almost knocked me over it scared me so bad. So, like a well-oiled machine, Blake jumps to the mic to pray while Nick continues to pick on his guitar. Then in one quick motion, Nick throws me his guitar and he takes mine, changes the string off-stage, tunes it and gives it back to me before the next song. It was amazing! I know I've said it before, but I don't know what I'd do without that guy. Tonight we are starting off the "all-night" of worship and prayer. It starts at 11pm, about an hour and a half after my bedtime. Pray that I don't fall asleep on stage.

No comments: