Monday, January 23, 2006

A Brother in Need

John Piper is one of my favorite authors. He is an amazing teacher, preacher, and writer. Beyond the Bible itself, Piper's books have had the greatest impact on my life. Try "The Pleasures of God: Meditations on God's Delight in Being God". This book rocked the foundations of what my evangelical faith assumed to be true. I have read several books by Piper and I actually now have to read another book inbetween his books because I have a tendency to put him on a pedestal. He speaks at Passion events all over our nation. You can check out his site, Desiring God, and see all of the resources. They will even send you stuff for free if you don't have the money. The reason for my post is not only to honor Piper, but to also spread the news to pray. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is scheduled to have surgery next month. To read his announcement letter of his cancer click HERE. It is amazing to see how he handles such terrible news.

No comments: